Creamy Halibut Enchiladas
Reeling in compliments is easy when you serve a rich mouthwatering entree like this.—Jenifer Rohde, Yuma, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Fold in fish.
- Place 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses; drizzle with cream.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salsa.