Rotisserie chickens are so convenient, and combined with diced green chilies and green enchilada sauce along with creams and cheeses, this makes a delicious go-to dish my whole family loves. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Recommended: 44 Slow Cooker Recipes to Make for Memorial Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. For crumb topping, whisk together flour, cheese and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream; stir just until moistened. On a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch pan, crumble mixture into 1/2- to 1-in. pieces.
- Bake on an upper oven rack until light golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, green chilies and chicken. Transfer to an 11x7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Add crumb topping (dish will be full).
- Place dish on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, on a lower oven rack until topping is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Green Chile Chicken Cobbler in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018
Reviews forCreamy Green Chile Chicken Cobbler
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2018