Rotisserie chickens are so convenient, and combined with diced green chilies and green enchilada sauce along with creams and cheeses, this makes a delicious dish for a family go-to dish everyone loves.
Recommended: 44 Slow Cooker Recipes to Make for Memorial Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. For crumb topping, whisk together flour, cheese and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream; stir just until moistened. On a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch pan, crumble mixture into 1/2- to 1-in. pieces.
- Bake on an upper oven rack until light golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, green chilies and chicken. Transfer to an 11x7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Add crumb topping (dish will be full).
- Place dish on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, on a lower oven rack until topping is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Green Chile Chicken Cobbler in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018