- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving. Yield: 21-24 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Grape Salad
"When we moved to the south in 2012 this was the first recipe I had to have . Everyone loves it from kids to adults. It’s very refreshing."
"Had this salad a number of years ago at a funeral. Everybody raved about it. Didn't really have a recipe per se so I winged it and it turned out great. After reading some of these reviews, it's always left up to a person's personal tastes. The dressing is supposed to be a bit thick so it sticks to the grapes and doesn't leave a runny mess at the bottom. Makes for a great salad in the summer on a hot day."
"This grape salad was fabulous! It is fast, uses few ingredients and a great taste. I made it the night before and it held up well. I used sour cream and it gave it a tangy flavor. I will make it again."
"Made this to take to a friend. It was sooo good and she's still talking about it!"
"Everyone loved this salad. I used Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream."
"I have taken this fantastic salad too many gatherings , it is a crowd pleaser !! Vicki, Vail, Az."
"I took this to a family reunion today and everybody raved about it. and I do mean raved. The bowl came back empty and I had offers to lick the bowl. This is a winner"
"Everyone loves this recipe! For summer, I tried a variation. I substituted fresh strawberries for the red grapes - it was delicious too!"