- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Stir in bananas. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple and cold water to gelatin mixture; mix well. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; chill until set. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in reserved pineapple juice. Add butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature, about 35-40 minutes. Whip the cream; fold into pineapple juice mixture. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill for 1-2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Gelatin Dessert
"I've made this several times, always a hit!"
"I made this for a club meeting last week,using SF Jello & whipped topping & they loved it. Brought rest to work the next day & got additional raves."
"Made it for 1st time for garden club mtg - used SF Jello, Splendah & Whipped Topping. Brought leftovers to work -- all loved it. Would use less cold water next time."
"Can you use sugar free Jell-0 in this recipe? My husband is diabetic and I need to reduce the sugar.glassman"
"My mom made this recipe every Easter, and once I moved out, I started to make it for my family and friends. I love it."