Creamy Garlic Meatballs
This hearty main course from our home economists relies on canned soup and frozen meatballs for swift preparation. The tender meatballs and comforting cream sauce are served over mashed potatoes for a savory meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and soups. Stir in the water and seasonings until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add meatballs; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Originally published as Extra Tender Chicken Garlic Meatballs in Quick Cooking May/June 2005
Jul 5, 2011
I did not really care for this at all. The only thing I could taste was salt. Would not make again.
Feb 10, 2010
I used my homemade meatballs with this recipe. My family loved this and I will definitely make this recipe again! :)