Creamy Fruit Salad Medley
“I’m on a low-fat diet,“ explains Gerldean Cade from Brookhaven, Mississippi. “So I created this light, refreshing recipe using my favorite fruits to take to church quiltings for lunch. And everyone just loves it!“
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium apples, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped peeled mango
- 2 cups halved seedless red grapes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, mango, grapes and sour cream. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, stir in the walnuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 101 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fruit Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006