With crowd-pleasing fruits like apples, bananas and grapes plus crunchy pecans, this wonderful salad doesn't last long on potluck buffets. I never bring home leftovers - just an empty bowl. -Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Recommended: Top 10 Fruit Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- 6 medium red apples, diced
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 cups halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, combine orange and pineapple juices, sugar, egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- When cool, fold in the whipped cream. In a large serving bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice. Add bananas and grapes. Add the dressing; stir to coat. Refrigerate. Fold in pecans just before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Fruit Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p33
Reviews forCreamy Fruit Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2014
"Turned out very good!"