- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Dash salt
- 4 oranges, sectioned, divided
- 3 cups seedless grapes, divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Pour the juice into the top of a double boiler; add egg yolks, sugar, vinegar, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Cool. Stir in pineapple, three oranges, 2-1/2 cups grapes and marshmallows. Cover and chill for at least 12 hours. Fold in whipped cream just before serving. Top with remaining oranges and grapes. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Fruit Bowl
"Sorry, mistyping : Is the vinegar......"
"I the vinegar necessary? Couldn't I use lemon juice instead?"
"Lovely to see on the table and tasty to eat. I use canned mandarin oranges when I don't have fresh oranges."