VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets (4 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add cauliflower. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In another saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain vegetables and rinse with cold water.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in orange peel, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Arrange cauliflower and broccoli in alternate rows in a 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cream sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Floret Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p33
Reviews forCreamy Floret Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2017
"The orange peel here is too strong!"