Creamy Fettuccini Primavera
For a delicious way to get your family to eat their veggies, try this creamy pasta dish featuring crisp-tender veggies and juicy chunks of chicken.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, place broccoli and asparagus in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add water; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Immediately rinse vegetables with cold water; drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper, green onions and garlic in remaining butter and olive oil until tender. Transfer vegetables, including broccoli and asparagus, to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, bring cream to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cooked fettuccine and parsley to cream; toss until noodles are coated. Add fettuccine mixture to vegetables. Add chicken and toss to combine. Place on serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 1182 calories, 75g fat (42g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 96g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 10g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Fettuccine Primavera in Taste of Home Cooking School Quick Cooking Spring 2007