Creamy Fettuccini Primavera
For a delicious way to get your family to eat their veggies, try this creamy pasta dish featuring crisp-tender veggies and juicy chunks of chicken.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, place broccoli and asparagus in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add water; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Immediately rinse vegetables with cold water; drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper, green onions and garlic in remaining butter and olive oil until tender. Transfer vegetables, including broccoli and asparagus, to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, bring cream to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cooked fettuccine and parsley to cream; toss until noodles are coated. Add fettuccine mixture to vegetables. Add chicken and toss to combine. Place on serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese.