This recipe has been a family favorite for years. It's special enough for holiday celebrations but simple enough for weeknight meals.—Cheryl Ross, Grand Forks, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add the cream cheese, cream and remaining butter; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes, peas, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; top with cream sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 634 calories, 45g fat (28g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Fettuccine in Country Woman May/June 2001