VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 8 slices rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until smooth. Stir in eggs. Chill for 1 hour.
- Spread 1/2 cup onto four slices of bread. Cover with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Egg Salad Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p93
Reviews forCreamy Egg Salad Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
"This turned out deliciously!!!~ Theresa"