Creamy Dill Salmon Steaks
The moist salmon steaks and simple sauce are cooked in the same skillet for each prep and cleanup. "Friends have found this dinner to be elegant and delicious," says Valerie Hutson of Byron, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in butter. Add the soup, cream, wine or broth and dill. Place salmon steaks on top. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 866 calories, 53g fat (14g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 82g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Dill Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.