- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix first six ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews forCreamy Cranberry Salad
"Excellent and my family loved it!"
"Excellent Efficient and "Edible-luscious!""
"I made this a year ago during the holidays. Delicious! However, it needs to "marinate" in the fridge, the longer the better (at least a day). Cranberries need to really soften in the mixture even if chopped fine."
"I have made this for many years except our original recipe called for sliced bananas instead of apple. It's so delicious!"
"My grandmother made a version of this except with pecans instead of walnuts. She later adapted it to use rice instead of marshmallows, so it was less sweet, and vegetarian. We use 1 lb of cranberries, and use the food processor to get a finer chop. Plus it's a lot easier!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving, everyone lived it. Making it again for Easter, wondering if anyone has tried different fruit."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was barely touched! I think I need to stick to more traditional homemade cranberry relish. I ended up eating it all by myself for lunch for a week."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with those who won't normally try anything different!"
"leecruz, the recipe calls for FRESH OR FROZEN cranberries. hope that this helps. :)"