- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix first six ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews forCreamy Cranberry Salad
"I made this for Thanksgiving, everyone lived it. Making it again for Easter, wondering if anyone has tried different fruit."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was barely touched! I think I need to stick to more traditional homemade cranberry relish. I ended up eating it all by myself for lunch for a week."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with those who won't normally try anything different!"
"leecruz, the recipe calls for FRESH OR FROZEN cranberries. hope that this helps. :)"
"I guess I don't care for raw cranberries....everything was great about this recipe except for the toughness of the cranberries. I wonder if they can be partially cooked before adding to the salad. My husband felt the same way, as I noticed him trying to chew and swallow. Will try again or perhaps use the dreaded canned whole berry cranberry sauce."
"Small error estimate on "16 servings". Just made this for Thanksgiving 2016 and 7 people consumed it all!"
"Do you measure the cranberries before or after they are chopped?"
"Wonderful change from the cranberry salad I have been eating for 30 years! lol"