Creamy Cranberry Pineapple Gelatin
I picked up this recipe at the gas company when I was a teen in the fifties. I modified it slightly, entered it in a newspaper contest and won $100! It was a delight to our family's taste buds.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) pineapple gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice to a boil. Place gelatin in a small bowl; add orange juice and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add cranberry sauce; beat until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Pour into six 1/2-cup gelatin molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Unmold onto serving plates.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 227 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Side Dish in Reminisce December/January 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.