Creamy Cranberry Gelatin
Looking for a tasty take-along for holiday potlucks? Consider this colorful contribution from Collette Burch of Edinburg, Texas. The sweet-tart salad can be started the day before your event.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry mixture and gelatin. Cook and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool. Fold in the yogurt and whipped topping. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Cranberry Gelatin in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.