Creamy Crab with Artichoke Dippers
—Shirley Hewitt, Milwaukie, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 large artichokes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Place artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place the basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 25-35 minutes or until or until leaves near the center pull out easily. Remove artichokes from the basket. Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes; refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; stir in crab. Cover and chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, transfer crab dip to a serving bowl. Remove leaves from artichokes to use as dippers.
Originally published as Northwest Crab Appetizer in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.