VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Brush both sides of bread with melted butter; press into muffin cups. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; heat through. Stir in minced parsley and green onion. Spoon into cups. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Crab Toast Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014