Creamy Crab Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Stir in crab and 2 tablespoons parsley; heat through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds, paprika and remaining parsley. Serve warm with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 197 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2018
this was under Hanukkah Appetizers crab is not Kosher so can't use it!!!!!!!!
Feb 3, 2014
Very tasty dip. I leave out the almonds and serve with crusty bread. It bakes up well in a crock pot, too!
Nov 23, 2012
love how quick it was to make, and the creamy crab flavor was a nice treat