Creamy Crab Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Stir in crab and 2 tablespoons parsley; heat through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds, paprika and remaining parsley. Serve warm with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 197 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
May 29, 2018
this was under Hanukkah Appetizers crab is not Kosher so can't use it!!!!!!!!
Feb 3, 2014
Very tasty dip. I leave out the almonds and serve with crusty bread. It bakes up well in a crock pot, too!
Nov 23, 2012
love how quick it was to make, and the creamy crab flavor was a nice treat
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.