- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Additional seafood seasoning, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of the greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce and pepper; beat just until blended. Fold in crab.. Pour over crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Spread remaining sour cream over top. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired. Yield: 20-24 appetizer servings.
Reviews forCreamy Crab Cheesecake
"I have made this delicious crab cheesecake for the holidays. Print up some copies of the recipe since you will be asked for it many times. I use Ritz in the crust as well as a spreadable cracker at the gathering. Oooh, it is so good like Mr. Food aslways said."
"I made this appetizer cheesecake to take to a Christmas last Saturday and it was wonderful. I had a lot of request for the recipe and I plan to make it two more times."
"My family goes crabbing several times throughout the year and I am always looking for new ways to use the crab. Crab cheesecake sounded kind of weird to me and I had this recipe for years before I finally decided to make it. I took this cheesecake to a BBQ and everyone raved! It was so good. Glad I decided to make it!"
"I made this for a new years eve party and got great responses. It was wonderful."