- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more for topping
- Minced chives, crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, corn and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a blender, puree half of the corn mixture. Return to pan. Stir in the crab, milk and pepper; cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil). If desired, top with fresh cracked pepper, chives and crushed red pepper flakes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Corn Crab Soup
"This recipe as written is quite bland. I added more salt and pepper, some crushed red peppers and a little honey. It was good, but still needs a little more tweaking if I make it again"
"This is an excellent recipe and a very easy chowder. I did add hot sauce for a little more flavor as when I read the recipe I thought it needed it."
"I subbed in seafood broth in lieu of chicken broth with a 1/2 tea of Texas Pete. Extra sharp cheddar at the end. I'm calling this a chowder now. It was very good."
"It was good, I just added one item to it, 2 cups of cheddar cheese. I thought the soup needed something added to it, once I added the cheese, it was great."