- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. In the drippings, saute green pepper and onion until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly. Cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir in milk and dissolved bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Add corn and seasonings. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forCreamy Corn Chowder
"My family loves this version. It's light and satisfying. I add a small dash of red pepper flakes for a small kick."
"This soup is really good. I have made it many times and it never fails to satisfy. I'm with the previous reviewer-put in extra bacon."
"Wow this is good stuff. I like the addition of the green peppers. I just added all my cooked bacon to the finished pot and stirred it in."