- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups fresh, frozen or drained canned corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a medium skillet, saute celery, onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, corn, water chestnuts and almonds if desired.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Corn Casserole
"My family loves this recipe. We had a couple of cups of it left over from Thanksgiving. I added a 16 oz. can of chicken broth, some more red pepper (I would have used a can of green chilies, but I didn't have any), and about a cup of diced turkey. Let it heat through on low in the crock pot for about 4 hours. Made great corn chowder."
"Ironically, the water chestnut are what drew me to this recipe, and that's what I disliked! The red pepper, celery and onion were a good combination. Wish I'd left out the water chestnuts."