- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until rice is soft and milk is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, and serve cold. To serve, spoon pudding into dishes. Top with fruit; sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait
"Recipe ingredients indicate 1 1/2 C of cooked rice while the directions say to add first 5 ingredients & cook until rice is soft. This is confusing, should the rice be cooked prior or cook rice with milk & other ingredients??? Please verify. Thank You!"