Creamy Citrus Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in orange juice concentrate. Cool until partially set. Fold in oranges and pineapple. Pour into an greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; fold in cream. Spread over gelatin. Chill for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 196 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2013
When I was a child, my great aunt always made this salad for family get-togethers. Now that I have my own family, I know why it was one of her favorites to make: not only does it taste great, but it's quick and easy too!