Creamy Citrus Mousse Recipe
Light and fluffy, this marvelous mousse is the perfect ending to a filling holiday meal. Guests always have room for its delicate combination of tang and sweetness.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel, optional
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Additional grated lime peel, optional
- 1. Dip the rims of six individual dessert dishes in lime juice, then in sugar; set aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the whipped topping, milk, lime peel if desired and orange extract. Fold into gelatin. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 1 hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with cherries and lime peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 225 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Citrus Mousse
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC