Creamy Citrus Mousse
Light and fluffy, this marvelous mousse is the perfect ending to a filling holiday meal. Guests always have room for its delicate combination of tang and sweetness.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest, optional
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Additional grated lime zest, optional
- Dip the rims of six individual dessert dishes in lime juice, then in sugar; set aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the whipped topping, milk, lime zest if desired and orange extract. Fold into gelatin. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 1 hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with cherries and lime zest if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Citrus Mousse in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.