Creamy Cilantro Dressing
This creamy dressing with tofu and cilantro makes a smart choice for topping salads. “I whip it up in no time,” Nancy Wherry promises from Chula Vista, California.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 green onions
- 3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces soft tofu, drained and crumbled (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Thinly slice one green onion; set aside. Cut the other onion into pieces; place in a blender. Add the cilantro, garlic, honey, oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and salt; cover and process until blended. Add tofu and vinegar; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the sliced onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 29 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Oriental Dressing in Light & Tasty June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.