Creamy Chocolate Mousse
Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming sent the recipe for this fluffy dessert that's sure to satisfy chocolate cravings. "I like to garnish servings of the mousse with strawberries," she suggests.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate syrup and cocoa.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 285 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Mousse in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.