Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming sent the recipe for this fluffy dessert that's sure to satisfy chocolate cravings. "I like to garnish servings of the mousse with strawberries," she suggests.
Recommended: Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate syrup and cocoa.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Mousse in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p37