Creamy Chocolate Frosting Recipe
"Whisking up a batch of smooth-as-silk fudgy chocolate icing is a snap using this short recipe and your favorite flavor of baking chips," remarks Jeannette Mack from her home in Rushville, New York.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- 2. Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
3 tablespoons: 388 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Frosting
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC