- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into 18 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in another mixing bowl. Add egg and salt; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCreamy Chocolate Cupcakes
"These are actually better the day after you make them so make them ahead of time if you can. Very good cupcakes, but one thing I found a bit misleading- there isn't a cream center like I thought there was from reading the description. Naturally since you bake the cupcake after putting the cream cheese filling in, the filling is more the consistency of cheesecake; it's not like a cupcake with a cream filling."
"omitted the nuts. This was my first cupcake recipe tried and its a winner."