Creamy Chicken ‘n’ Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook rice in water according to package directions. add the remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1029mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 24, 2015
Very tasty, quick, easy, inexpensive main dish!
Sep 15, 2014
I didn't use the canned chunk chicken, instead I used leftover rotisserie chicken. It was a fast cooked meal using leftovers, which I love. Since becoming a field editor for this wonderful magazine, I'm amazed at all the wonderful cooks out there willing to share their great recipes! Keep sharing.
Aug 14, 2008
Girrrlll! What a lifesaver! I forgot to take anything out of the freezer and literally had about 2 hours to come up with something for dinner. This was a perfect solution with homemade buttermilk biscuits and fresh snap beans on the side. My grand kids totally wiped it out. My husband asked if there was enough for him to take to work the next day. There wasn't!! Many, many thanks, Renee. TOH manages to find the best cooks and your recipe is a definite keeper!