A delicate curry sauce pairs well with tender chicken, colorful vegetables and crunchy almonds. Try serving spoonfuls of this tasty blend over rice.—Janis Vandervort, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Place the chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with broccoli and cauliflower. Combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, curry and cayenne; spoon over vegetables. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Curry in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p27