Creamy Chicken Crunch
Whenever I take this salad to church functions and family picnics, I always come home with any empty bowl. And as any cook knows, that's a sure sign of success!
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken mixture. Toss lightly to coat; cover and chill until ready to serve. Fold in chow mein noodles and peanuts just before serving.
1 serving: 475 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Feb 10, 2020You do realize the ability to laugh at yourself is a good thing. I selected this recipe for dinner last night because it had pea pods and chow mein noodles that I had on hand and needed to use. Assembled everything and just before dinner I checked the recipe again for the oven temperature and time to bake. That is when I realized this was a salad and not a hot dish. Well, I preheated the oven to 350 and decided to bake it anyway. I put it in for 35 minutes and it came out delicious but not hot enough. If you decide to try this you might check for heat after 35 minutes, stir it, and add more time accordingly. It makes a great hot dish and we loved it.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC