Creamy Chicken Crunch
Whenever I take this salad to church functions and family picnics, I always come home with any empty bowl. And as any cook knows, that's a sure sign of success!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken mixture. Toss lightly to coat; cover and chill until ready to serve. Fold in chow mein noodles and peanuts just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 475 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Crunch in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.