Sarah Larson only needs four items for this comforting meal-in-one. "If you'd like, add chopped broccoli to the rice for color," she writes from La Farge, Wisconsin. "It's fast enough for weeknights yet tasty enough for company."
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (6.9 ounces each) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken and sour cream.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the chow mein noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p63
Reviews forCreamy Chicken Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2012
"It needs more flavor. I added cheese and that wasn't enough."
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2012
"Good, fast and easy!! My family loved it!"