Bacon and canned cream of Mushroom soup dress up tender chicken in Jane Thocher's recipe. "I relied on this dish often when our children lived at home," recalls the Hart, Michigan reader. "Since it cooked while I was at work, the only thing left to do was prepare noodles and fix a salad."
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, partially cook bacon over medium heat. Drain on paper towels. Place beef in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Fold chicken pieces in half and wrap a bacon strip around each; place over the beef.
- Combine the flour, soup and sour cream until blended; spread over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Beef in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p49