Creamy Cheesy Grits
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, milk and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until grits become thick, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cheeses, white pepper, cayenne and nutmeg if desired. Serve hot.
May 31, 2020
These grits were delicious! I omitted the Parmesan cheese and added an extra 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese instead. We especially enjoyed the hint of nutmeg!
Sep 26, 2016
Definitely didn't add the nutmeg and it was delicious. Had it as a side for dinner and twice for breakfast. Really makes a lot
Aug 14, 2015
Milk adds a nice creaminess. I not a fan of the parmesan and nutmeg. I'll stick with my garlic cheese grits recipe.
Jul 27, 2011
I recommend making this without the nutmeg.
Jul 19, 2011
I didn't need to cook the grits the whole 25 minutes, just until they got thick. I also only used the cheddar cheese. This was my first time making grits, and we were very pleased with the results.