- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, milk and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until grits become thick, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cheeses, white pepper, cayenne and nutmeg if desired. Serve hot. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Cheesy Grits
"Milk adds a nice creaminess. I not a fan of the parmesan and nutmeg. I'll stick with my garlic cheese grits recipe."
"I recommend making this without the nutmeg."
"I didn't need to cook the grits the whole 25 minutes, just until they got thick. I also only used the cheddar cheese. This was my first time making grits, and we were very pleased with the results."