Creamy Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 298 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 18, 2013
Delicious FROM the beginning, NOW, Speatalular!(?) Thanks, Becky!! Sleeper
Jul 12, 2008
I was in the mood for cheesecake and had Girl Scout thin mint cookies that wanted to be involved. I also have a son with a nut allergy. I substituted the 1/2 c. nuts with 1/2 c. chopped thin mint cookies and the 1 T. lemon juice with 1 T. chocolate syrup. The Thin Mint Cheesecake Bars are cool, refreshing and hit the cheesecake yen I had.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.