VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese and chilies. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine soup and sour cream; spread evenly over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Hash Browns in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p17