Creamy Celery Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, eggs, celery seed, salt and pepper. Gradually add to butter, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Mix in mayonnaise, Italian dressing and sugar. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve over coleslaw, vegetables or pasta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2011
Nice, tangy dressing. However, the recipe makes enough to serve the US Army, so I cut in 1/3 - since it's hard to divide 3 eggs into 4ths - and it still made enough for more than one meal. I don't know how long or whether it keeps well in the fridge. I have some leftover cabbage, so I'm looking forward to using this dressing in a coleslaw.