Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring cauliflower and 1 in. of water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well; set aside.
- In another saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cauliflower, bacon, salt, pepper and cayenne. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 13, 2011
I was a bit leery since my family doesn't care for cauliflower, so I made this with 1/2 cauliflower and 1/2 broccoli and it was SO good!! Everyone, including the kids loved it! It went perfectly with my roasted chicken.
Dec 26, 2008
This was wonderful! My 14 year old daughter made this and it turned out delicious! Thank you taste of home!