Creamy Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Soup
Here's an elegant choice for a first course or even a meatless dinner. Goat cheese adds an extra-special touch. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Minced chives, lemon peel strips, snipped fresh dill and croutons, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in cauliflower and potato; cook and stir 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, mustard and white pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in cream and cheese. Cool slightly.
- Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in dill; heat through. If desired, top with chives, lemon peel, dill and croutons.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 183 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.