When summer rolls around, we look forward to inviting family and friends over for a barbecue in our backyard. This salad often seems to accompany whatever meal we serve.
Recommended: 60 Heirloom Recipes from Grandparents
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced celery leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, salad dressing, caraway seed and salt. Add cauliflower, celery leaves and onions; toss. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p67