- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Minced chives and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in cauliflower and potato; cook and stir 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, mustard and white pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in cream and cheese. Cool slightly.
- Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in dill; heat through. If desired, top with chives and lemon peel. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Soup
"This was quite a good change in soup. I loved the flavor fresh dill added."