Creamy Cashew Chicken Salad
Served on a bed of garden greens or on a croissant, this all-time favorite salad is loaded with chicken and cashew. The nuts add a pleasant crunch and make it company-special. I thought of the recipe immediately when planning my garden theme luncheon. —Sara Laker Loda, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Leaf lettuce and additional cashews, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper and pimientos; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the next 10 ingredients; cover and process until well blended. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving fold in cashews. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Sprinkle with additional cashews if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 508 calories, 38g fat (10g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Cashew Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2001