Served on a bed of garden greens or on a croissant, this all-time favorite salad is loaded with chicken and cashew. The nuts add a pleasant crunch and make it company-special. I thought of the recipe immediately when planning my garden theme luncheon. —Sara Laker Loda, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Leaf lettuce and additional cashews, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper and pimientos; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the next 10 ingredients; cover and process until well blended. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving fold in cashews. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Sprinkle with additional cashews if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cashew Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p37