- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Stir in chips. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with cashews; drizzle with hot fudge topping. Refrigerate before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCreamy Cashew Brownies
"These are really good but very, very rich."
"You can't go wrong with brownies topped with cream cheese frosting! My only disappointment in these is that if you didn't know the nuts were cashews, you wouldn't have been able to guess it...and I even stirred 1 c. cashews into the batter as well as sprinkling them on top. May just used walnuts next time and save the more expensive cashews for something where their flavor shines through more."